Danish PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation for 2023
Danish PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation for 2023The field of surveying/geomatics is eligible for the 2023 FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships.
For this scholarship, you can apply right away. This scholarship is offered by the FIG Foundation and is worth Full Funding, up to 3,000 euros.
This award is available to applicants from low-income, middle-income, or high-income economies.
About the FIG Foundation Table of Content
- PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation
- The purpose and advantages of FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation Courses
- The requirements for PhD scholarships from the FIG Foundation Date, procedure, and location for the FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships qualification interview
- Application Deadline Documents Needed for Application
- What to Do
relating to FIG Foundation
The International Federation of Surveyors has a separate organization called the FIG Foundation.
The Foundation was founded with the intention of raising money to support scholarships and projects that focus on capacity building and education. The Foundation wants to raise $1 million over the next few years.
The annual interest might then be used to fund activities.
The Foundation may utilize 50% of its annual income to further its objectives. Funds from the Foundation may not be used to support FIG's regular operations.
The FIG Of oversees the Foundation's management...also read more scholarship https://www.scholars.com.ng/2023/04/the-leland-speed-scholarship.html
Scholarships for PhD students from the FIG FoundationThe FIG FoundationDenmark should be studiedEducation at a schoolFIG FoundationStudying a courseclasses onlineRegion of Originmasculine and feminineDate for SubmissionJune 1, 2023
The purpose and advantages of FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships
- PhD candidates may be eligible for grants from the FIG Foundation worth up to 4,000 euros, as well as potential financing for conference travel.
- PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation Courses Surveying/Geomatics
- The requirements for PhD scholarships from the FIG Foundation Qualification
Goal and Advantages of PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation
a paper based on their doctoral research project accepted by a peer-reviewed international journal;
applicants should be the lead author and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor; Danish PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation for 2023 not have submitted their final thesis at the time of application; be enrolled solely in a surveying/geomatics academic program that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle, or upper-middle income economy.
FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships Interview Date, Process, and Location Recommended Reading - Sources of Helpful Data for Writing a Quality Grant Proposal:
There are many articles and videos on the internet on "grantsmanship" and how to create effective grant bids.
First, watch the FIG Foundation's website's videos that explain how to submit an application to the organization.
Do a web search on how to create effective applications for the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
Within a year after obtaining their grant, grant recipients are required to submit a report detailing how the funds were used, co-signed by their supervisor and department head. Before any funds are distributed, successful candidates' supervisors will be contacted to verify that they are ready to accomplish this. Supervisors must acknowledge their knowledge of item 9 above.
Grants from the FIG Foundation do not cover university expenses or the costs of administrative staff. If the institution of the successful applicant requires a portion of the research grants for overhead expenses, the institution must apply for an exemption.
THE MAJOR PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
The primary body of the proposal, as described below, should be no longer than one A4 page, typed in Times New Roman 12 point font with the designated headings. The plan will be pared down to its original number of pages. Use everyday language; jargon is probably not something the evaluators are familiar with.
Title of Research Project (maximum of one line, Times New Roman, 12 point caps)
The main goal of the research should be stated in one or two sentences.
- Research Problem and Its Importance: What makes this research worthwhile? What issue or circumstance is it meant to address? What are the research's use-case scenarios? What does it add to our knowledge?
- Current Knowledge Status and Any Gaps or Improvements:
- What is the prevailing theory in that specific area? What elements of current theory are subject to critique or future development?
- Research Methodology and Methods: Describe the theoretical underpinnings of your work, the main line of investigation, and the techniques used to gather and analyze the data.
- Key Contribution: Describe the major theoretical and/or practical contributions made by this research endeavor to society as a whole.
- IJGIS format references on a new page.
Reading Suggestions from Reliable Sources for Writing a Quality Grant Proposal:
There are many articles and videos on the internet on "grantsmanship" and how to create effective grant bids.Danish PhD Scholarships from the FIG Foundation for 2023 First, watch the FIG Foundation's website's videos that explain how to submit an application to the organization. Do a web search on how to create effective applications for the Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
Application Documents needed
The applicants are required to submit the following materials in English as a single PDF file on A4 paper with 25 mm (1" margins). Each item has to start on a separate page. If you want to avoid being disqualified, make sure you follow the guidelines above.
a finished checklist. This checklist is supplied at the conclusion of the document, and you should use it to make sure that all the required documents are submitted together with the application. A candidate's application is unlikely to be taken into consideration if even one item on the checklist is absent or disqualifies them.
a cover sheet containing the candidate's information as well as that of his or her institution.
Give a succinct explanation and justification of how the applicant's academic program satisfies the requirement that it "teaches surveying and graduates surveyors" in the preceding Qualification Criteria. Web addresses for program descriptions, course descriptions, and course information are provided.
a summary of 200 words. This should be written in layman's words, similar to a news release, such that the FIG Foundation might really utilize it as a press release in the event that the application is accepted.
On A4-sized paper, write a one-page research proposal using the template below. The one page restriction will be carefully upheld; content that exceeds this limit will be removed.
Provide a copy of the article that was resubmitted to the journal after corrections were made, or send the published paper, for the paper that was based on their PhD research project and accepted by an international journal with peer review.
a letter from the journal's editor confirming the acceptance of the paper Ensure that the required modifications have been successfully carried out.
Reports on the work from the journal's referees.
a list of six-year-old peer-reviewed journal publications utilizing the International Journal of GIS (IJGIS) reference list style. Make use of the headings below: Books, book chapters, peer-reviewed conference papers, non-peer-reviewed conference papers, non-peer-reviewed journal papers, and so on. On the IJGIS website, look under Notes for Authors.
a list of research grants collected over the previous five years that shows which grants have undergone peer review and which do not.
- An explanation of their institution's structures and procedures for research compliance, research account and activity audits. Are there mechanisms in place to reimburse a scientist, for instance, if they use money improperly?
- the funding body? Identify the administration departments and official organization descriptions responsible for ensuring research compliance, along with their names and websites.
- If it is pertinent to the grant application, a description of the systems and procedures their organization has in place for dealing with research ethics, particularly those that deal with the use of human beings in experiments. Identify the administration departments and official organization descriptions responsible for ensuring research compliance, along with their names and websites.
- a one-page budget rationale and a budget plan outlining how the monies will be used. Keep in mind that funding won't often be provided for equipment. The funding may cover tuition costs as well as travel expenses to present results at FIG Conferences. There won't be funding for fieldwork-related per diems, but Reimbursable fieldwork expenses include reasonable real costs.
- a short letter from the applicant's PhD advisor stating that they have read this document, verified that the applicant has watched the videos on how to write grant proposals to the FIG Foundation, and have read the applicant's proposal and recommend (or not recommend) that the FIG Foundation Board of Directors take the proposal into consideration.
- Successful proposals, grantees' final reports, and progress reports on their activities and use of funds will be made public, if appropriate, on the Foundation website as well as possibly elsewhere. If you are okay with your proposal(s) or report(s) being published, please say so. Grantees should give strong justifications for why these records shouldn't be made public.
Publish a thorough academic CV in a separate PDF file. Ask for guidance on what makes a strong academic CV.
- What to Do
- The following documents, along with the submission checklist, are required from candidates in order to apply. For attending and presenting a peer-reviewed work at a FIG conference, successful applicants will also be eligible for a second prize of up to 3,000 euros.
- Applications will be evaluated based on both need and application quality. Applications from low-income and lower-middle income countries shall be favoured in the event that two great applications are determined to be of similar quality. On the FIG Foundation website, under Grants & Fellowships, at: Potential applicants should watch both films on How to Apply for FIG Grants.
- Sending applications is required to using the subject line "FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application" as the heading. Applicants must not get in touch with specific Foundation directors. Every decision is final. There won't be any communication during or after the competition.
- 2023 BRICS Young Innovators Prize Competition, Technology Innovation Agency (TIA), South AfricaGrants for Research 2023 from the Internet Society FoundationProgram for Global Journalists The German-Israeli Journalists' Fellowship was founded in Germany in 2023.
- The Changemakers for the Planet Initiative Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023Monash Graduate Scholarship 2023 (CF-MGS) co-funded by Monash UniversityUniversity of SOAS in London 2023 Scholarship in Honor of Anthony Dicks for International StudentsWord Bank Blog Competition for African Students in 2023 by the International Corruption Hunters Alliance
- FIRST SEASON OF THE NEXT TITAN AFRICA 2023 for African EntrepreneursProgram for Young Leaders in International Cancer Control (YLIP) 2023University of SOAS in London Middle East and North African Postgraduate International Scholarship 2023.